I heard about the death of the WSC student on the news last weekend. I was shocked to hear that a student from here passed away, and when I heard that she had been suffering from an eating disorder, I felt deeply saddened. I am a recovering addict and when I heard of this student's death, I found myself thinking the same as when I hear of an addict's death, it is such a sad and senseless way to die. Because, just like an alcoholic or a drug addict, a person suffering from anorexia has an addiction, it's just a different form of addiction.
While this is a very sad and senseless way to die, and I am deeply saddened for her family and friends, it also helps to reinforce me in my recovery and help me to be so grateful that I am no longer suffering. It also helps to reinforce my decision to pursue my education to become a counselor, because unfortunately there will always be many out there who suffer in their disease/addiction and who need our help!
I will be praying for her family and friends and continue to pray for everyone who is still suffering.
Monday, October 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment