Monday, November 9, 2009
Enhancing Relationships
One relationship that i am struggling with right now is with my mother-in-law. A few weeks ago some things were said (on Facebook, no less) where she was posting things on my status that were attacking towards my best friend and me & my character. Needless to say, I hate drama and try to eliminate it from my life as much as possible, so I deleted her from there. She commented that we need to settle this, and while I was extremely angry at first because of the things she said, I have come to realize that we do need to settle it. The thing that I'm having a problem with is that in the 15 years that i have been married to her son, we have NEVER had a problem to this extent. She is very gossipy and loves to talk about other people, and while I'm sure she has probably said things about me, i have never heard them directly, and I'm feeling extremely hurt by the things she said to me. I also know that i did nothing wrong, i did not provoke it in any way & i did not say attacking things towards her, however in order for us to settle this i know i am going to have to make the 1st move, because she won't. She is the type to not talk things out, ignore them and they will go away, however i cannot do that. I know that until i express to her how she hurt me & how our relationship will now never be the same, i cannot be around her, because i am not the type of person to just act like nothing ever happened. So with the holidays coming up soon, the thing that I can do to somewhat restore this relationship will be to start with an email to her letting her know that I am open to settling this & figuring out when we can get together and talk. Wish me luck!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment